Friday, August 26, 2011

{aria artwork}

Step 1: Gather up all those old frames around the house

Step 2: Get any paint you like. I actually used some craft paint and some tempura paint that I already had around the house.

Step 3: Remove all glass and pictures from frames

Step 4: Paint frames. (Could be much faster if using spray paint, but hey, I'm cheap and I like that they're all in the same color family but not the same color. )

Step 5: Gather ribbon from saved ribbon boxes... I know you all have them. Now you should use them. I used gold and blue ribbon to go with my frames.  Tie them in any which way or I nailed them to the back of my frame., or you could staple them. Whatever works, really. I also kind of like the idea of using wire, or chicken wire.

Step 6: Paint or glitter some basic clothespins from the craftstore and voila.

Step 7: Hang frames on wall in any configuration you choose. Inspiration for this project came from here.

Step 8: Hang artwork using clothespins attached to ribbon.

Step 9: Child now feels famous. and fridge is now declutterfied. And yes, that's a word.
 These were all made at the MFAH. It is an unbelievable summer program. We LOVED it. But it can slowly be changed out during the school year as she creates more. Way to feel important right?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

{my music}


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones