Sunday, July 11, 2010

{queen of camelot}

by Nancy McKenzie

Sincerely enjoyed this read. One of love, adventure, respect and feminism. I LOVED it. Again, I truly value the love that my husband and I have for each other. This is the second time I read it and although I realized this time through that it was somewhat cheesy, I quite concurred in her feelings for her husband. She said: "Britain would miss him, certainly. But Britain would have other kings. It was I... who would miss him a thousand times an hour in unmeasurable ways. He was more than a king to me, he was my world: my sweet spring, my rich summer, my brilliant winter dawning; he was my sleep, my rest, my peace, my joy, my very life - how could I go on without him? I closed my eyes and prayed to God to join my soul with his." I especially enjoyed the words of comfort she received from one of her ladies. "Ah, but a man's days are as grass, he flourishes as a flower in the field; the wind passes over and he is gone. But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting." I am grateful that I too, know this, and do NOT want to experience the death of my most beloved. I want to both be twinkled together. Is that so much to ask?

Also, I felt a deep connection to Guinevere. She is strong, but strong as a woman. She does not try to be something she's not. She's honest. She is loved because of this. I truly enjoyed her character and connected to it in strong ways. It also reminded me that sometimes the things that I do not value in myself are the very same things that other people value in me. For example for me: I find the fact that I am blunt and don't think about things before I say them... a curse. Something that I'm always working on. But Nate loves that about me. I don't beat about the bush and he knows that I say what I'm thinking. I am honest in his eyes.

Excellent romance novel. Clean. 4.5 stars

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

{my music}


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones