So, for Christmas, Nate got a barbecue, and it has definitely been put to good to use. We LOVE to grill. and we can pretty much grill any old time we want, Thank you Las Vegas weather. This is THE best way to do pizza. Forget the oven. Yummy. We did this for Father's Day in his new camping chairs and had a wonderful time eating, and enjoying the wonderful evening. Then we made S'mores. Everything was perfect, minus the fact that Aria is NOT good at keeping secrets. We started calling her squealer. She was just too excited that she got a chair to match Daddy's. Silly Aria. We sure love him.
We've also been scrambling to get applications off for his residency program, so we had to take a 'passport picture'. We love you, babe! You're going to be awesome!
we got this from Karrissa We love nearly everything on her blog. She must be an excellent cook. Joe is a lucky man.
from Our Best Bites
your toppings (cut, sliced, shredded, etc) including sauce (have all of this ready on one tray to make it easier.)
some olive oil
1. Preheat grill to a medium heat.
2. When your dough is ready, roll it out with a rolling pin. (Several small pizzas is easier to flip on the grill.)
3. Once your dough is flattened out, drizzle olive oil on one side and brush it around.
4. Place the oil side down on the grill and shut the lid. (You'll want the heat to stay inside so it acts like an oven. The timing all depends on the heat of the grill and the thickness of the dough. But it usually only take about five minutes or less. Have a spatula ready to lift up the dough and check it. You;ll want to see nice brown grill marks, but avoid burning it. If you can tell your dough is cooking too fast and too hot, you may want to use indirect heat.)
5. Ok, now you have to work fast on this next part. (I actually took my dough off of the grill and placed on a plate while I topped it with the toppings.) As soon as you flip it, grab the tray with your topping and put them on the cooked side right away. Shut the lid again and leave it shut. The second side cooks pretty fast. (If the crust is done but the cheese isn't melted, place on a upper rack if you have one.)
*Oh my gosh! These were absolutely delicious! Next time I will do sliced Mozzarella cheese like Our Best Bites did. The dough was awesome! It was so soft on the inside, yum! Definitely a new favorite pizza and a staple dough!