Sunday, February 14, 2010

{books!}

So I've been reading a TON lately. That's what happens when you have to put your feet up for a majority of the day to maintain some circulation in your legs. :) I'm not going to talk about all the ones I read, but these are my most recent.

{the hunger games}
by Suzanne Collins

One of the most intriguing stories I've ever read. LOVED it. Couldn't put it down. A NEW concept. And not about cannibalism. :)













{A prisoner of birth}
by Jeffrey Archer

A fun change from my historical fiction or fantasy. I really enjoyed this. I thought it was well written, and a fun murder mystery. Relatively clean too. Not gruesome like others I've read.








{Taliesin}
by Stephen R. Lawhead

Same author as my favorite the Hood series. Definitely well written. This book was actually really hard to get into, but once I did, I LOVED it. I also loved many of the things that were alluded to in the Christian religion. Especially his description of what this earth was meant to be.





{The evolution of Calpurnia Tate}
by Jacqueline Kelly

About a 12 year old girl in the summer of 1899. She is learning about the process of science and how things are discovered. She has no desire to become a 'housewife' and feels that she is not talented, either out of preference of actual reality, in any of these things. She finds them boring and monotonous. :) It is fun watching her find her place in the world. It didn't really draw me in, but I found the concept invigorating. A short read. Not a favorite.





{baby wise}
I just thought this is a great read in helping you identify how best to feed, sleep and train your sweet baby when he/she gets here. I didn't agree with everything in it, but I felt it helped me identify some things I really want to do with my children. So for that I loved it. I will now be a sane mother of a newborn.
5 days left!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

{my music}


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones