Friday, May 23, 2008

{The Duvet Cover Catastrophe of 2008}




Okay, so it wasn't a catastrophe, but I spent many many hours planning and sewing this cover for a comforter that we already had and then I get it on and I hate it! I left it on our bed for a while trying to convince myself that I liked it, but I hated it! So yesterday I went on this crazy rampage and pulled out all the flowers, now it's just bare. I think I'm going to do something like this eventually. Add the orange designs on top of the green. Any ideas on how to do this? I'm trying to decide what would be the best way!

1 comment:

Snostreblog said...

Hey Aubs, love the color scheme and the ribbon flowers! Sorry it ended up being a hassle. I recently tried to do a similar thing on a small blanket and gave it up. I've thought about it since, and I would try using fusible web in the future. (You find it near the interfacing.) Cut your design out of both the orange fabric and the web and then iron the web to the orange. (Or iron all your orange fabric to the web, trace your pattern on, and cut both at once.) Peel the paper backing off and iron the whole design onto your bedspread. Then, you should probably stitch around the edges so that it can withstand multiple washings. If you use a zig-zag or satin stitch around the edge, you might want to use some sort of stabilizer/interfacing on the inside of the cover to keep the edges from becoming all buckled and wavy. Because it's so permanent, I suggest making a pillow out of scraps first, just to try it out. Sorry that was so lengthy! Good luck! - Tabi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

{my music}


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones