Sunday, August 7, 2011

{banana cake}

 from Kris Feltwell
Seriously... the best cake evah!! Way better than banana bread... and Let me tell you... I LOVE banana bread. You'll seriously want to lick your plate when you're done.

Top with frosting of your choice. I think sweet cream, cream cheese or chocolate would all be delicious. But I prefer the sweet cream.

2/3 c. shortening
2 1/2 c. cake flour (I used all-purpose flour)
1 2/3 c. sugar
1 1/4 t. baking powder
1 t. soda
1 t. salt
1 1/4 c. mashed bananas
2/3 c. buttermilk ( to make go here I never buy because I'm cheap.)
2 eggs
nuts (optional)

Combine shortening, flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt.
Add bananas and 1/3 c. buttermilk.
Beat for 2 minutes.
Add 1/3 c. buttermilk and 2 eggs.
Beat for 2 minutes
Fold in nuts (opt.)

Bake at 350 for 35 min. Cool for 10 min.


See I told you it was good enough to lick the plate.

1 comment:

Rae said...

My family loved this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

{my music}


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones