Monday, February 7, 2011

{LOVE my new sewing machine}

But not everything I've been doing has been made on that. I did something I haven't done in a long time that I'll show you on my next post. I broke my $5 iron and have to go get a new one so I can iron a few seams before I show you. But I'm pretty proud of my work. Stay tuned.



But before the disastrous smell started coming from my lovely iron.. I made two of these! I LOVE them. My sisters are having babies. One has decided not to find out the gender and the other is having a boy. I thought either way, it would be nice to have something with ruffles, but in a gender neutral color so everyone doesn't assume girl. I would want something with ruffles. Wouldn't you?

Nursing covers. I bought 3/4 yard of each and ended up cutting about 6 inches off of the long end to make it more square and using the leftovers for the neck strap, ruffles, monogram. I think the monogramming makes it so that either side can by showing. There's no wrong way to eat a reese's... I mean wear this nursing cover. I used a little of my own leftover flannel. Hopefully a little more comfortable on the neck too. 
Due to my lovely sister having a boy - we're having a shower! I saw this darling banner over at dandee




And this lovely wreath I made because I only have fall wreaths. I needed something bright and springy. These tissue paper flowers are everywhere, but I thought this was so fun. and pretty much real cheap and real easy. Hope you enjoyed my crafting this month!!! Let me know if you'd like any tutorials.


2 comments:

Juliana said...

You are so crafty Aubrey!! I want a tutorial!

Rae said...

beautiful. And I'm excited to try your recipes too. yum! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

{my music}


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones