Wednesday, July 22, 2009

{lime chicken soft tacos}

These were a HUGE hit at our house, especially when you get all the right toppings. Loved the change-up from our regular tacos!

This is courtesy of ashleesrecipebox.blogspot.com Love you Ash!!
"
I got this recipe from allrecipes.com. It is really a nice change of pace from the usual tacos. Cilantro is a must and of course so it the lime. Enjoy!

• 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cubed
• 1/8 cup red wine vinegar (This may be wrong but I did a mixture of White vinegar,apple juice and balsamic vinegar and it worked out too.)
• 1/2 lime, juiced
• 1 teaspoon white sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 green onions, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano (I omitted b/c too Italian tasting)
• 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas (I used Corn
• 1 tomato, diced
• 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
• 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
• 1/4 cup salsa
Add cilantro to taste!


DIRECTIONS
1. Saute chicken in a medium saucepan over medium high heat for about 20 minutes. Add vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic and *oregano. Simmer for an extra 10 minutes.

2. Heat an iron skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan, warm, and turn over to heat the other side. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve lime chicken mixture in warm tortillas topped with tomato, lettuce, cheese and salsa and cilantro.
PREP TIME 20 Min COOK TIME 30 Min READY IN 50 Min


(These next comments are from the website-I hope that they help)
I really like the flavor the recipe give. I usually throw it all in the crock pot and let it go. I then take out the chicken and shred it. It is so yummy and reminds me of a great resturant in Arizona.
We thought these were awesome! A refreshing change from regular tacos. Things I did differently - used cilantro instead of oregano, 1 regular onion instead of 2 green, and used the juice of a whole lime instead of 1/2. I cut the chicken in strips instead of cubing it. Used Sargento's 4 Cheese Mexican blend for the cheese. I think you should definitely use fresh lime as opposed to the bottle stuff, if you really want the lime flavor to stand out. (And its not overpowering). Also, this recipe states that it serves 10, that would be 1 taco per person, and who can eat just 1? I think this recipe serves more like 4-5. I love this recipe, it is definitely a unique and cheap dish to make for a large group!

"

1 comment:

Noelley Belly said...

Hey Aubrey! I didn't try your recipe, but I just wanted to comment on your new music! I didn't know you liked Sufjan Stevens, Sigur Ros, 'Falling Slowly', etc? I really didn't even know how many people actually knew about them. I LOVE those artists and songs. So good choice! I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

{my music}


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones