Wednesday, May 13, 2009

a mommy moment

Today, about 2:00 I say
'Aria, are you about ready for your nap?'

She responds with her usual... '..no!...'
I usually have to warm her up to the idea of taking a nap, so I ask her the same question several times before I actually carry it out.

Not today... a few minutes later, I hear her yelling something from her bedroom.
I go in to check on her and she's closed the door to her bedroom, climbed into her crib, has her binky in her mouth and looks at me and says 'take a nap!'
This surprised me on two levels. She's never climbed into her crib before. and two, she doesn't willingly go down for a nap very often.
I love my baby!

Also a few weeks ago when we were getting ready for church, this is what she did with her dollies. I was determined that she not have an attached bear/doll or blanket.... So she compensated by being attached to all bears/dolls and blankets. She just loves to play and sleep with them.Isn't her dress beautiful? I love the colors, it reminds me of my Grandma Swallow. She got this dress from her Indian Friend Dhaya for her birthday. She loves it.

5 comments:

Errin said...

She is so cute, I love that first pic of you two!

Kate said...

I also love that first picture, you look gorgeous! That is exciting news about the nap, she is adorable.

Raquel said...

That is so sweet! I shoot with the Canon 5D. I love it but of course now they have come out with an even more awesome one! :)

Shawn, Hayley and Jack said...

WOW I just looked through your blog and you are so creative, you inspired me to do more! I have a nice camera but I need to sit down and learn how to use photo shop! Thanks for all of you tips with your pictures. I think I am going to sit down right now and play with photo shop! Oh and by the way your little girl is a doll!

Unknown said...

Cute dress! I love that. Lizzy loves her 'fancy dresses' now (not that she would even consider them at that age. . . too 'scratchy.') But now, she thinks it's so cool to be in something fancy. So cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

{my music}


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones