Wednesday, April 8, 2009

{flower cubes}


I had a busy day a few days back. I made these adorable flower cubes. I got the idea for them at Michaels.com where they have a whole bunch of different things you can do with styrofoam. Pretty Awesome and inexpensive!

How to: I first painted the styrofoam so it wasn't obviously white. You can buy it at pretty much any store. I paid $2 for mine. I then bought some stems of flowers that were on clearance at my local craft store. ~.29 cents per bundle. totalling about $1.50. After painting the styrofoam, I made the flowers really short and stuck them in all over the place, making it vary in color and size of flower. I then took some ribbon I had lying around and wound it around the cube. I secured it in the back with pins like they would on a wedding cake. I also used a little elmer's glue to help secure it.I think it turned out really nice and the cost was awesome! My daughter now has some chic 'pretty' in her room. The other day I walked in to get her out of her crib and she was staring at the flowers. She looked at me, pointed at them and said "petty". I'm glad someone else likes it as much as I do.

This was 6 months ago...

1 comment:

JustLivingMYLife said...

those are super cute! i really love them great and cheap idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

{my music}


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones