Wednesday, December 3, 2008

{pillows}


I am so happy with how these turned out - I searched the internet for a design I liked and then free handed my version of it onto a piece of contrasting felt. I then cut out each individual piece and then hot glued them on. This is an appropriate adhesive if they will not be handled frequently, but since these are couch pillows I decided to sew around all the edges. Completely made out of felt. It totally dresses up our couch to have a small pop of color and I LOVE the design. These are pillow cases so they can be changed at any time. But I don't think I'll be doing that for a long time!
If I were to do it again, I would choose a different fabric to work with - so I could use an iron adhesive first. Sewing became a little cumbersome when the fabrics were SO thick.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

{my music}


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones