Supplies: letters you want to use, 4 pieces of cardboard, 4 pieces construction paper, about 1 yd. tulle and desired paint colors. (I got my letters from a discount craft store. ~ 90 cents each.)
- Paint the letters using tempura paints or whatever type of paint you like. (I only painted the front of them so the rest of it is white, I think it stands out a little bit this way).
- Cut out pieces of cardboard from the cardboard box. Then wrap the front of them with black construction paper, like you would a present.
- Paint the black covered cardboard pieces brown. This makes it look like the wood in the rest of the room.
- Hammer a nail through the back of the cardboard into the letter.
- Hook your ribbon or tulle to the back of the cardboard using the nail, or superglue or a glue gun.
- Tie the ribbon/tulle to your desired length.
- Hang using level and measuring tape. It looks funny if they're all different heights.
- Repeat this for all your letters.